Friday 27 December 2019

2019 Top Five

     It's time to pick my top five for Cheryl's end of the year linkup.  It's a bit of a difficult task for me this year as I didn't manage as many finishes this year.  Cheryl leaves it up to us to pick what we want to share.  So here goes.

1.  Katrina's quilt.


    I made this quilt quickly for my friend and previous co worker Katrina when I got back from Quilt Con.  I heard that she had pancreatic cancer and I wanted to quickly wrap her in a quilty hug.  Katrina loved her quilt and I managed to visit with her twice before she passed away taking a couple of my co workers with me.  I feel blessed that I was able to share this quilt with her to give her some comfort in her last days and I hope that it is giving comfort to one of her relatives now.

2. Minimalist Friendship Star


     I designed this minimalist star myself and I am happy that I managed to find the time in a busy year to do something for myself, by taking the time to design something and make it.

3.   I really like the process in making this Charlie Harper Runner for my boss.  It's simple but I put it together slowly and improvisationally....my favourite method.


4.  Last year my two friends and I bought a sit down long arm ( or midarm depending on who you are) and I have been having a blast working through some of my backlog of quilts.
This is the first of my personal quilts ( not the guilds) that I quilted on the machine.  It's a quilt that I really love and it is on the bed in the spare room. The pattern is Grande Scrappy Tiles by Cheryl Brickey.


5. I really really love the Modern Rice Pouch designed by KZStevens and I had a lot of fun making the two that I made.  I did have to google how to attach a square base into a tube but it wasn't that hard in the end.


     I hope to make a few more in the new year along with the Modern Boro zipper pouch and the project bag. It was fun using up items in the stash and learning a few new tricks.
     I am linking up with Cheryl for the Best of 2019 linky and I am wishing us all lots of fun and sewing success in the New Year.

17 comments:

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I'm glad you were able to gift the quilt and visit with Katrina several times before she passed away.

The minimalist Frindship star is really lovely, and I am always happy to hear of your quilting time and progression on the mid arm. It's hard to limit to only 5, isn't it?

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Lovely finishes all! Happy Stitching from me outside Ottawa, Canada!

Mel Beach said...

Great variety in your finishes...I am especially loving your minimalist Friendship Star. Brilliant design!!

Debbie said...

Beautiful work! I especially love your Charlie Harper runner. Off to read your post about it...

Pamela said...

The heart quilt was such a wonderful gift! I love the modern rice pouch! The shape and the colors are fabulous.

Marly said...

I love your minimalist star. Beautiful!

Stitchin At Home said...

Love your top 5! I'm glad you got to visit with Katrina and I'm sure she loved the quilt. I love the minimalist star.

Vicki in MN said...

Great projects for your 2019. The Charlie Harper runner is definitely a favorite of mine.

Chantal said...

Wonderful projects all around. I wish you so many more for next year and time to design some more because that minimalist star is awesome!
Happy New Year!
;^)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Katrina's Quilt is beautiful, and I liked knowing the story behind it. I, too, hope her family is getting some comfort from having it. Wishing you a wonderful 2020!

Preeti said...

Beautiful projects Lisa. Love Katrina's sunshine quilt :-) Wishing you good luck in the new year.

Danice G said...

All gorgeous quilts Lisa. Your work is excellent.

Louise said...

Such beautiful pieces, Lisa! And it's nice to see them again. Katrina's Star is my favorite. So full of love and light.

piecefulwendy said...

Such beautiful work, Lisa! Fun to see them all in your post. Happy New Year!

Cheryl said...

Great finishes, I love the heart quilt with its gradient. Thanks for linking up!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Fun finishes, Lisa!!! Love that rice bag!

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

All great projects. 2019 was a good year.