Monday 2 December 2019

Hello December

    

      I have been spending less time on social media lately.  It's not for any reason like thinking I spend too much time here or anything.  I have just been chugging along with my projects and  my sewing is taking priority. The picture above is of the December blocks for my Modern Guild. I thought I should show you something I have been working on, as I have been particularly focussed on a couple of projects for the grand boys.  I'll be sharing those on Wednesday as part of the Virtual Cookie Exchange hosted by Carol of Just Let Me Quilt.  You can hop over there to see the list of quilters participating for today and tomorrow.  I have a very busy day today so I will be checking out both days tomorrow morning.
     
     I did not complete my goal for November.  Not even one stitch. I am not going to roll the goal over to this month however because I have several little projects to accomplish this month.  There completion will be my goal for December.  The crunch is on so wish me luck!


     The boys mom asked me to make Super Hero capes for their Christmas presents.  I'll be using the fabrics above to make them.  I'm not big on Applique but there was a request to put their initials on them.  


     This group of fabrics is for a secret santa gift at work.  



     This last grouping is for some pouches for Leanna to store her stuff.  So these are my goals for December.  I'm linking them up with Patty of Elm Street Quilts OMG for December.



8 comments:

piecefulwendy said...

You have some good projects lined up. Good for you, just enjoying your projects and not worrying about the social media. Makes for calm sewing days, doesn't it? I like those blue/black blocks, Lisa!

Louise said...

Your December guild blocks are really nice! The silverware fabric is especially cute :)

Stitchin At Home said...

Good luck with getting those little projects done.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Lisa! It looks like you have a lot of fun going on. I just adore those blocks for your Guild - especially the fabrics you chose for them. I made a few of those blocks for Covered in Love - different color combinations but they were fun to make. The capes just make me smile - I can picture the boys hopping around wearing their capes made with love. I'll be back to see your Virtual Cookie post for sure! ~smile~ Roseanne

Marly said...

Good projects one and all, and December is that kind of month. At least you have your fabric sorted and ready to go good luck in meeting your goal.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Love your midnight blue and black blocks! Best quilted wishes for December!

Karen's Korner said...

You have plenty to keep you busy. Love those blue/black blocks.

Patty said...

You'll get it done this month! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.