Thursday 26 December 2019

December's Goal is Done

     I bet you are wondering if I managed to get all my projects done for December.  Well of course I did.  They were all presents after all.  Even though some of them won't be gifted until later in the week I finished them up on Christmas Eve.
  I'll start with the projects for the boys which were gifted on December 21.  I was asked by their mother if I could make them super hero capes.  She thought they would really like them and that it would be a good idea to put their initials on them.  So I set about looking for a pattern and found this one here at Thread Riding Hood.



     Red is Gabriel's favourite colour and I had wanted to make his cape red with blue lining but I could not find a bright red when I was looking for fabric so I settled on this orange.  It's interesting to me that to everyone else in my family this is red.   Elisha's cape is blue on the outside, lined with orange.  
The capes have velcro closures which I have never used before and  the initials and circles are made from flannel.  I found the free applique letters at Rebecca Mae Designs and even if you are looking for the alphabet it is worth checking her website out. 
     The boys love their capes and can be found leaping about and twirling in them on a daily basis.  Would you like to know what some of their super powers are?  Gabriel's super power is his imagination.  He is often in another world.  His other super power is his smile.  He just beams with excitement.  As for Elisha singing is one of his super powers.  I like to think this comes from the Welsh side of the family, but the Mennonite singers probably beg to differ.  He is also really good with his hands and loves to play with play dough and finger paints.
    As for the other gifts.  I made extra's.  I wrote about the first bags here.  That left the SweetPea Pods for Leana.  I forgot that when you make the bags you get two the same.  I wanted to give her two bags, but I wanted them to be different so I made four.  I'm giving the other two to Pauline. 



     Leana's favourite colour is orange and I thought the blue linen looked really nice with it.  My daughter told me Leana has too much stuff so if I gave her something it had to be something she could put stuff in.  So, two little bags for some small stuff.
     I hope you all had a holiday time that was a good as it could be and that you found some time for rest and reflection.
I'll be linking this up with the OMG link up at Elm Street Quilts, and I'll be linking with Michelle, From Bolt to Beauty for her beauties pageant for the week as well as the TGIFF linkup hosted this week by Anja at Anja quilts.

9 comments:

Cheryl said...

Great presents! I love the capes and the little zippy pouches.

piecefulwendy said...

I can imagine playing in those caps was so much fun! I think I'd like some of those little pouches for filling with precious things! Fun gift ideas, Lisa!

Louise said...

Both the capes and the pouches turned out so great! Who wouldn't want to receive fun gifts like these? :)

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Lisa! I can just SEE Elisha and Gabriel leaping about in their new capes, all wrapped up in your love. And their superpowers sound unique and wonderful. The bags turned out so fabulously. Your friends will just adore them, as well. ~smile~ Roseanne

Karen's Korner said...

Great capes and pretty and practical bags.

Stitchin At Home said...

Love the capes and the peapods! I bet they enjoyed the capes and will be playing super hero all year long.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

These are beautiful gifts! I remember in elementary school, I wanted some red construction paper and the one I was given was too maroon for my taste even though everyone else said it was red.

Patty said...

Love those capes! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

The capes are a great idea. I hope they had fun with them.