I used purple mirror dot fabric that I picked up at the Toronto Modern Guild's sale a few months back. The darker purple fabric is from that sale as well. I bought both fabrics with the intention of donating them to my local guild's community outreach stash. I'll still donate the fabric to the guild but these fabrics were just perfect for a crown block so I decided to use just a tiny bit for myself first.
I'm posting this on Sunday night the last day of April , just squeezing it in before the deadline One Monthly Goal. After two months of not meeting my goal I went with a smaller goal this month and I'm happy to say I reached it. My goal was to make four blocks for the Honey Pot Bee. The crown is one of them and here are the others, in the order I made them.
The Starflower block which was Molli's pick for January and comes from a tutorial by Jennifer of Ellison Lane.
The Stripey Stripe block which was Audrey of Hot Pink Quilts block design for April. I think this was my favourite to make so far. It's very clever and quite simple to make.
Here's my blocks all hanging out together. There should be two trees but I could only find one, which gives you an idea of the state of my sewing room.
I'm not 100% sure the crown will work in the same quilt as the other blocks but maybe I'll just try throwing some more purple into the mix and see what happens. I'm linking up with the OMG linkup at Elm Street Quilts and with Beth at Cooking up quilts for Main Crush