Thursday 31 October 2019

October Goal is Done

     My October goal was to get the top done for my Christmas Quilt for my grandkids.  Here it is about 1/2 an hour ago as I sewed the last seam together.


And here it is off the machine.  I just want to show this sneak peak and I will show you the rest when I get it quilted up.  I'm participating in the Cookie Exchange Blog Hop so I'd like to keep it under wraps.



     I'm calling it done but truth be told it should have another plain white border around it.  I've had the flu all week and it's been really hard to do any sewing.  I sew a couple of seams and run out of energy. I have  read a couple of books and watched a whole bunch of Handi Quilter quilting videos featuring Helen Goddin on the Sweet 16.  I'm hoping I'll get my energy back in a day or two.  Linking with OMG October finishes link up.

6 comments:

Stitchin At Home said...

I hope your feeling better soon! Can't wait for a full view of the christmas quilt.

Patty said...

Looks like a very fun quilt! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

Pamela said...

Very nice top, get well soon!

piecefulwendy said...

Rest well, and feel better soon, Lisa! That quilt is looking good!

Louise said...

I spy some VERY cute Christmas animals! Looking forward to seeing more of this fun quilt, but you must get better first. Take care and rest up, Lisa!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Sewing borders is very tiring, even when well! Great job getting as far as you did. Can't wait to see the top. I hope you're starting to feel better, Lisa.