Wednesday 9 October 2019

Exciting News to Share

     I have some exciting news to share. Do you remember my minimalist star quilt that I posted about here?  Well it was accepted into the Star Issue of Curated Quilts and I couldn't be happier.  I didn't have to wait until the issue came out to let you know but somehow I didn't feel comfortable sharing the news until I had seen it with my own two eyes.  Here it is in print with the original beside it.


     I love Curated Quilts magazine and if I was an American I would have a subscription for sure.  Each issue is full of wonderful inspiration and interesting articles on Modern Quilting and sometimes on quilt history.  So far I have been able to buy my issues from Mad About Patchwork which makes them slightly more affordable than ordering direct.  Postage from the U.S. is just so expensive.

     There is a mini challenge for each issue of Curated Quilts.  So far I have participated in two of them.  I had an idea for the Black and White Issue but no time to execute it.  I'm looking forward to further challenges in the future.  Have you made any quilts for the Curated Quilts challenges?

7 comments:

Chantal said...

WoW! Congratulations! That's fantastic news! I love the star you have made. It is a very unique and different take on stars block. Bravo! ;^)

piecefulwendy said...

Well done, Lisa! So fun to see it as I paged through the issue today!

Louise said...

Oh, this is so great and well-deserved! It's a really super star, and so are you :)

Vicki in MN said...

How cool, sending a big ole Congrats to you!!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Congratulations, Lisa, that is super and I love getting to see the mini with its page in print!

Sandra Walker said...

Like I said on IG, well deserved; I just loved this quilt from the get-go! I've submitted a design once, but that's it.

Diana @ Red Delicious Life said...

Lisa, that is great news! Congratulations! I really like the minimalist design choice you made that lets the quilting complete the look of the star. Well done!