Tuesday 15 October 2019

FAL 4th Quarter LIst

     Well here we are at the beginning of the 4th quarter of the finish along which means the year is almost over.  I managed 4 finishes last quarter which is the best I have ever managed.  It really helps get the numbers up when you add garment sewing to the list instead of just quilts quilts and more quilts.  As life continues to be busy I think I will make my list a bit smaller this time.  The only thing I am carrying over from last quarter is  
1. The penny patch quilt.  I just managed to finish quilting it but I couldn't manage to bind it in time to squeeze it in to the 3rd quarter finishes.  But that's o.k.  It will get done quickly enough, and I'll have a finish at the beginning of quarter 4.



2.  The second quilt on the list is this Christmas themed kit.
As a rule I don't make holiday quilts but I think my grandsons will love the little animals in the panel.  I'm hoping to have it quilted up and ready to give to them at he beginning of December.  the fabrics are cut.



3 & 4 I may not get to these but I'll put them on the list just in case.  There are two babies arriving in my extended family in early December so I am thinking of making one or two quilts out of this cute fabric but who knows I may choose to go in a totally different direction, like an oversized star quilt with florals like this one by Jenni Baker Also I still owe a wedding quilt to one of the expecting couples.  There is no chance of finishing that.




Now on to the clothing goals

5.  I would like to make a pair of Emerson pants using the lighter of the two fabrics shown here.  Which is cotton linen blend and 
6.  I would like to make a jacket ,probably the Berlin Coat out of the darker blue which is a boiled wool and viscose.



     That's my list for this quarter.  I know I will work on more than these things but as for finishes, I think this will be it.
Linking with Leanne of She Can Quilt for the 4th Quarter FAL linkup.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You have been busy! The Penny Patch quilt is so cheery!

Julierose said...

that Penny Patch quilt is really lovely--colors are great...hugs, Julierose

Melanie said...

Love the pink-green quilt! Can't remember seeing it before... it is yummy - though some might say I am a bit biased at the moment with my Leafy quilt being the same colors :)

Was it a pattern? Or did you design it yourself? Love the blocks and the random look. Good luck with your list! xo Melanie

www.mellmeyer.de

Stitchin At Home said...

I like the Penny Patch it is pretty. The christmas quilt looks like it should be fun.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Lisa! I just love those fabrics for baby quilts. They have such nice deep tones and go well with the fun patterned fabric as well. I love the colors in Penny Patch as well - it looks like Spring to me so maybe it's a good thing you didn't get it finished in the third quarter. By the end of this quarter it's almost Spring again, right?! I'm pushing the winter season off to the side because it sometimes seems like it is endless. ~smile~ Roseanne

Sandra Walker said...

That's a reasonable list! I love the Penny patch one!! You make me think I should put a garment on my list, hmmm..

Danette said...

Good luck on your list. The little animals would be lovely for Christmas. It is wonderful to be able to sew garments, too!

Preeti said...

I love the pinks and greens in the Penny patch quilt. I am sure it will be a lovely finish.
A boiled wool jacket sounds very warm and luxurious.
Wishing you lots of great sewing time and good luck in your goals this quarter.