Sunday 6 October 2019

Octobers Goal

     As a rule I don't make Holiday themed quilts, but I'm a nana now to two little boys who just love cute animal stuffies. So when I saw this kit at Creative Sisters i just had to pick it up to make for the boys and their parents. 


     I just know that Gabriel and Eli will love the tigers and penguins and bears on the panel, but they won't be young forever ( they are three and two at the moment) so I think I have to put it together quickly.  I'm hoping to give it to them at the beginning of December.  My goal is to finish the quilt top by the end of the month, which gives me the month of November to quilt the quilt.
     Of course it's not the only thing I'll be working on this month so we will see how I do.  I'm linking up with Patty for the OMG for October linkup.

6 comments:

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Lisa! Oh my goodness - that tiger with antlers and boots on, with a matching scarf is SO cute. Holy moly. I can't wait to see how these turn out. I've got my own little 2-year-old that just might NEED this as well. ~smile~ Roseanne

Raewyn said...

That is such a cute Tiger - the things we do for our grandies!!

Chantal said...

Lol. I saw the picture from Blogger's reading list and I thought "that's the ugliest reindeer ever. What the heck is Lisa up to?" Now, I'm just laughing my head off as I think it is the cutest tigerdeer ever! Looking forward to see more of this project. Good luck with the goal. ;^)

Patty said...

Fun project! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

Louise said...

Tiger Moose with Mittens! So fun!!

Danice G said...

Cute fabrics. Looking forward to seeing the finished quilt. Yes, grandchildren have a way of influencing our quilting choices. That is a good thing too.