Sunday 3 November 2019

Goal for November

     Boy this virus is a doozie.  It hit me like a ton of bricks last Tuesday and I've been hanging out in bed pretty much since then. I've read several books, done several Sudoku's and watched several  Handi Quilter videos for the Sweet Sixteen.  Helen Godden, I'm a fan!

   I've managed to get the odd easy quilting related thing done.  I trimmed up this quilt to get it ready for binding and I have been working a bit on get quilt kits ready for our guild bee day which is on Saturday.


   But now it's time to think of a goal for November.  Because I have a lot to do I've decided to pick a fairly small goal for the month.  In the summer I started the 2019 Summer Sampler but I found it overwhelming to work on while I was still working full time, so I set it aside.  I've decided to pick it up again.


     Here are the two blocks I managed to do in the summer with the huge stack of instructions.  My goal for November is to complete 3 blocks.  Now if I just get and stay healthy, I can probably complete this goal along with the other projects I want to complete this month.

     I guess what!  I won the  pattern Three Dogs and One Sassy Cat  designed by Mary Hertel which was the pattern prize for the October Goal.  It's a perfect pattern for little kids and there are a lot of them in my extended family now.  
I'm off to the November OMG linkup at Elm Street Quilts.
    

13 comments:

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I hope you feel much better soon, Lisa!

Stitchin At Home said...

Small bits and pieces accomplished are good. Hope you feel better soon!

Podunk Pretties said...

Hope you get to feeling better soon. They say 7-10 days, so you are on your way!

Vicki in MN said...

You need to feel better soon so you can get on with your goals and other things:) Sorry you've been down.

Danette said...

Good luck on your goal and hope you feel better soon. The Summer Sampler looks like it will be a lovely quilt!

chrisknits said...

That Summer Sampler looks interesting, will be watching your progress on that one!

Chantal said...

Sorry to hear you are under the weather. Hope you get better soon. Congratulations on your win. ;^)

piecefulwendy said...

I hope you turn the corner soon, Lisa. Rest and take care!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Very pretty block, Lisa! Get well soon!

Louise said...

Lucky you to win that super cute pattern! Maybe it means your luck has turned and this virus is on it's way out out out!

Patty said...

A few blocks is a great goal - hope you feel better soon! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

Pamela said...

I hope you are feeling better.

Preeti said...

Small goals are goals too. Hope you feel better soon to tackle the big ones. Your block looks lovely.