Friday 30 August 2019

Some progress and some plans

       Are you quilting along with Cheryl Brickey of Meadow Mist Designs. I love Cheryl's quilt alongs because they have a nice slow pace.  If you fall behind you have plenty of time to catch up.   I have finished cutting my fabric for the Mosaic Mystery which is the current project.  The cutting seemed to take forever which I guess is what happens when you are trying to do it at night after work. But now it's done and I am ready to move on to the sewing when we get the first set of directions next week.  I'm still loving the fabric selection and I am hopeful that I can manage this particular quilt along without falling behind.



       A couple of weeks ago Wendy and I went to Spool and Spindle in Waterloo.  One of my co workers fills in there occasionally and we went to visit her.  It was our first time at the shop and we were not disappointed. They have so many patterns and fabrics for clothing making. I picked up a teal bamboo knit that I am going to use to make the Ebony Tunic.  You can see the beautiful version of the Ebony tunic that Anja made here . I also picked up two patterns: the Emerson pants and the Uniform tunic.  I'm not sure when I will make any of these projects but a girl can dream.



     When I got home after visiting the store I dug around in my fabric closet and found these.  When we were at the Spool and Spindle I had said that I thought I should have a more streamlined wardrobe that was basically all blue and it looks like I have been collecting for it already.  



     I already have the fabric on the right pegged for the Emerson pants.  I have about 4 yards of it purchased.  I think I bought it on sale when Greenwood Quiltery closed.  It's an Essex cotton and linen blend.  So maybe I will get to making the pants sooner rather than later.  The middle fabric was purchased a few years ago to make a dress and I may still use it one and the stripes will likely make a top.

     My latest addition to my wardrobe however does has no blue in it at all.  I finished my second T shirt from the white flowered fabric.



     It's my second finish of the 3rd Quarter FAL .  The original list is here.  The pattern is the Scout Tee but made in a stretch fabric instead of the woven fabric the pattern calls for.  What this means is you get a nice roomy comfy T shirt.  I'm linking with the Mosaic Mystery  August linkup and when the time comes with the 3rd Quarter FAL link up.







8 comments:

Chantal said...

Very nice T-shirt you made. I love that. And I do have garment patterns waiting for me to be brave enough to try them out. Yes, a girl can dream ... and she can dream BIG! ;^)

piecefulwendy said...

Wow, that t-shirt is so pretty. I like your other fabrics too; they are going to work well for those patterns. Your fabrics for the quilt are very nice; I like that olive-y yellow!

Stitchin At Home said...

I love the t-shirt! I have a couple patterns I would like to make, just need to put my mind to it.

Louise said...

You've chosen some really gorgeous fabrics for clothing! Your new top is very cute and looks very comfy :)

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

You have chosen pretty fabrics for clothes. A blue wardrobe sounds nice. I have a couple of patterns and some fabric but haven't been brave enough to actually sew it yet.

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

Those pants look great. Can't wait to see yours. I forgot about my Ebony top.

Cheryl said...

I love your fabrics, they will be perfect in the mystery quilt!

رامز المثاليه said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.