Thursday 4 July 2019

2019 Finish Along Third Quarter List

I managed to get three finishes in during Quarter 2 of the Finish along so I'm happily compiling my list for Quarter 3.  What's left over from Q2?  Quite a bit but I won't keep it all on the list.  Here's what I'll keep.

1.  Sisterhood Swap.  Here are the blocks I pieced and sent out.  I need to piece together the blocks I received and get her quilted.

2.  I guess I'll keep the Modern Plus Sign quilt on the list although I'm having a hard time getting to it.  You never know though I might get suddenly inspired.

3.  Even though I didn't finish it, I made quite a bit of progress on the Clam Shell quilt, and it's now at the flimsy stage. If I can figure out how I want to quilt it, I might get this one done.



4.  The last thing from that list that I'm keeping is the bag.  Ridiculous that I haven't done the small amount of work to finish this....obviously avoiding a technique I'm nervous about.  


     Well now it's time for the new stuff.

5. The Penny Patch Quilt Along Quilt (Stitched in Colour) from many years ago.  I've got this quilt spray basted and ready to go on the mid arm, so when my life allows me the time to get to Wendy's I'll get started on it.  It's a pretty big quilt, twin sized so it will take a few sessions to quilt it.


6.  I'm thinking I might want to quilt my Circle of Friends quilt top.  It's also several years old so onto the list it goes.


7 & 8.  The Community Outreach Committee of my guild received a whole bunch of charm packs from a former member.  We challenged ourselves to make quilts out of the packs.  I'll be working on the tops for sure this summer and as I may choose to quilt one or both of them. I'll include them on the list.


My One Monthly Goal for July  is to turn the top fabric grouping into a quilt top.


9.  I managed to get a really good deal on some cotton knit fabrics earlier this year.  Here's one fabric.  I'm planning to  make the Ebony dress with this fabric.  I paid about $25 for the fabric so I'll be pretty happy to get a dress out of it.

10 & 11.  I also picked up this fabric at the same time and I'm thinking I can get two tops out of it. It cost about $35 another great deal.

12.  Is the Jelly Roll Waves quilt which is a quilt along with Myra of Busy Hands Quilts.  The fabric is on order from Chicken Feed Quilts and I've got the pattern in hand.

     Despite my optimism, I have never managed to complete more than three things in one quarter so we will see which projects I get to the finish line.  I'm linking this post to  to Elm Street Quilts OMG for July, and to the 2019 QAL third quarter list.



Good Luck completing your goals everybody!

14 comments:

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

Three finishes are great...it's better than not finishing any. LOL That's a great list. I'm doing the Jelly Roll Waves QAL as well. Hope your fabric comes soon.

Stitchin At Home said...

Three finishes is good, if you get more than that's a bonus. Have fun looks like you are going to be busy.

Kathy S. said...

Gorgeous projects!!! I love that sister's swap quilt. Your clam shell quilt is beautiful. I will watch your Jelly Roll Waves QAL take shape.

Patty said...

Pretty fabric! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project!

Pamela said...

Wow! Wonderful projects! I'll be watching for your progress.

Kaja said...

Three finishes is way better than none. I like to think lists are just a way of keeping things from slipping out of my mind altogether.

Louise said...

I love the variety of your projects! You are clearly drawn to new things all the time :)

Cheryl said...

Great finishes and works in progress. You have a very nice variety of projects going.

Preeti said...

So many worthy goals and so little time. What will you tackle first? I am torn between the clamshell top and the circle of friends top. But then the sisterhood pattern is the dearest of all. Hope you enjoy the process as you tackle your to-do list.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Terrific variety and congratulations on three finishes!!!!

Jess Pugh said...

Three finishes is awesome! Good luck with your progress this quarter.

Linda said...

Your projects look like fun! Good luck to you. :)

Quiltsmiles said...

Four finishes will be grand! Love all the eye candy, good luck!

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Your goals sound very doable! I am thinking about doing that jelly roll quilt along too... probably shouldn't start something new, but oh well...! xx