Friday 12 July 2019

Lunch with Betty....summer quilt alongs

   There are a whole bunch of quilt alongs going on this summer and even though I have a lot of unfinished projects 
(don't we all?) I've decided to join in with a couple of them.
     These are the fabrics for my two new projects.  I don't have a lot of yardage in my stash and no jelly rolls so I decided to do some shopping for the two quilt alongs.



     The yardage in the photo is for the Mosaic Mystery Quilt Along hosted by Cheryl of Meadowmist Designs.  Cheryl's quilt alongs go at a nice slow pace which works well for me.
The white fabrics are from my stash and will be my background fabric.  They are  30" cuts of fabric from a kit I got several years ago which I am never going to make.  The other fabrics are four fabrics from  the Betty's Luncheonette Line ( Violet Kraft for Rogert Kaufman) with Kona Pickle thrown in for interest.  I bought more fabric than I need because I wasn't quite sure what I wanted to do when I was in the store, but I've settled on my plan now.
The lined fabric is fabric A.  The darker blue and the pickle are fabrics B and C. and the grey fabric will be the borders.  You can't see it well in this photo, but this fabric has some green in it just like the pickle.  Neat eh?  I'm thinking I'll use the lighter blue fabric for binding.

      The jelly roll is for the Jelly Roll waves quilt along hosted by Myra at Busy Hands Quilts.  This quilt along goes at a fairly speedy clip  but it looks like a fairly easy project.  All the cutting should be done by I think Tuesday.

      I had to do a bit of sleuthing to get the Jelly Roll.   At first I couldn't find very many Jelly Rolls in my usual Canadian on line shops.  I looked around and eventually found my jelly roll at Chicken Feed Quilts in Alberta. If you are looking for Jelly Rolls, Chicken Feed Quilts has a lot.  I chose (you guessed it) the Betty's Luncheonette Jelly Roll.  I was drawn to the bright clear colours.
     Although I told you about the yardage first, I actually ordered the jelly roll first.  The funny thing is, when Cyndy and I went looking for fabrics for the Mosaic Mystery  at Creative sisters in Kitchener, there was the very same jelly roll sitting on the shelf.  I wasn't intending to make both quilts from the same fabric line but this fabric was just calling my name.  I'm going over to Cheryl's blog to join the Mosaic Mystery Linkup and see who's quilting along.


12 comments:

Danice G said...

Oh what pretty fabric choices, 'love them all!

Stitchin At Home said...

I love you fabric choices!

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

Love the fabrics. And thanks for the tip on the fabric store. I see they carry Accuquilt.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

These are great fabrics and they look like they will work on these quilts. I look forward to seeing your progress on them both!

Lisa in Port Hope said...

I agree with you about being tempted by quilt alongs. I'm doing two already so I am resisting adding any more! I look forward to seeing your quilts develop.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Lisa! Oh, I love these fabrics and the addition of Pickle for fun is brilliant. I suspect when you checked out Cheryl's linkup and who is playing along, you found many friends! I have been able to resist the QAL temptations so far but your fabrics are very tempting. I'll enjoy watching your progress. ~smile~ Roseanne

piecefulwendy said...

Your fabric pics are great! The colors are so fresh and pretty! I had to say no to the Meadow Mist QAL this time (I still haven't gotten the last one quilted). I have too many QALs going on, and I've picked up a few more, so I gotta say no.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Wow, it's going to be fun to see how your two QAL quilts look next to each other, since you're using the same fabric lines!

Paige said...

Lovely fabric combo! I'm especially partial to Pickle! Looking forward to your progress!

Michelle @ From Bolt to Beauty said...

I'm with Paige: Including Kona Pickle was brilliant. Good luck making progress with these two projects!

Bernie Kringel said...

Your fabrics for the Mosaic QAL are lovely - the choice of the green bit is perfect! I am a fan of green in any shade and this adds a wonderful touch. Have fun with these two projects!

Terri in BC said...

If you're looking for Jelly Rolls, check out hamelsfabrics.com or their sister shop, Jelly Roll Shop. They are located in Chilliwack, BC.

I like the jelly roll waves pattern, but I'm (self) cut off buying patterns until I get a few things done.