Tuesday 24 September 2019

Jelly Roll Waves is Finished

    I'm not quite sure what happened to September.  I didn't post much.  I did sew a fair bit but there wasn't a lot that was sharable.  My weekends were all really busy and I didn't seem to have the time to post.

I finished the quilting on the jelly roll waves quilt at the beginning of the month but I didn't manage to get around to the binding till this last weekend.  Here she is.



     It was pretty grey out when I took the photo but the quilt has enough colour to brighten up the sky.  The Jelly Roll is 
Betty's Luncheonette and the fabric is designed by Violet Craft.  The designs remind me of the forties and fifties.  You can see them on the leather seats of the luncheonette or on the tables or chairs, or maybe on curtains from the time.



     When I was on my knees pin basting the quilt and looking at the starburst pattern that turns up in a lot of the prints I remembered the sparkler quilting design I had seen on Leanne's blog Devoted Quilter.  You can see it here.
I quilted this quilt on my domestic sewing machine using white 50weight aurifil thread. The pattern for the quilt is Jelly Roll Waves by Myra of Busy Hands Quilts.



     I had a lot of fun practicing my free motion quilting on this quilt. The stippling part of the design is definitely starting to flow a bit better.




     I'm not sure what the batting is or the background fabric of colourful dots.  I got each of these from our guild stash as I'm donating this quilt to our outreach program.  This is my third finish for the 3rd quarter of the 2019 finish along.  The original list is here.  I'm linking up with the Jelly Roll Waves Quilt Along
on Myra's Blog and with Bragg About Your Beauties later in the week. I'm also linking with the 3rd Q FAL at She Can Quilt.

14 comments:

Danice G said...

So pretty Lisa. This quilt is really nice.

Anonymous said...

This is such a cheery finish. I have no idea where September went.

Chantal said...

Congratulations on this gorgeous finish! I love this one, the colors, the print, the movement ... yep, I really love this one. Great job Lisa. ;^)

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

It looks great. The colours are great. September was a write off for me. I think I posted twice. It's been a crazy month.

Louise said...

Such happy colors! Your Waves really turned out pretty and I can see that your stipple is getting smoother when I zoom in :) Congratulations on a fun finish for a good cause!

Stitchin At Home said...

A pretty happy quilt sure to brighten someone's day.

Vicki in MN said...

Her pattern is so fun isn't it! I love your pretty colors you chose to use.

Preeti said...

You have some very pretty fabrics that were perfect for this quilt and your free motion quilting is looking not too shabby either :-)

Pamela said...

How fabulous! Nice work!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Lisa! This sure is a pretty finish, and I'm certain that someone from your outreach program will just love it. That backing is just a perfect match for the colors on the front - you couldn't have picked a better one! And I love that blue binding as it really pulls that out. ~smile~ Roseanne

Myra @ Busy Hands Quilts said...

Loving how your quilt came together with the single color waves! That takes a bit more planning, and you pulled it off. Thanks for quilting along with us.

Anonymous said...

Love this! So much movement and wonderful color!

Melanie said...

Love the happy colors! Enjoy your finish xo Melanie

www.mellmeyer.de

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

What fun colors! Congratulations on your finish!