Saturday 28 September 2019

Mosaic Mystery Update

     One of the fun things about being in a quilt along is getting to post pictures of the sub units in interesting arrangements.



     Here are my "house" blocks for the Mosaic Mystery hosted by Cheryl of Meadowmist Designs.  I think they are looking very much like a mosaic tile floor!  
     Last weekend I celebrated a birthday, and since that birthday I have started to work just two days a week.  I managed to sew up these blocks on Wednesday afternoon.
Some of my free time has been filled with catch up medical appointments and some of it has been filled up with time with the boys, but I am hoping to continue to squeeze in more sewing time.
     My Tuesday afternoons are set up to go to Wendy's to work on the sit down long arm, and I did manage to do that on Tuesday.  Here's a sneak peek at my quilting.


     Can you see it?  It's the dogwood pattern.  I'm working with a 50 weight Aurifil pink thread.  It's a pretty big quilt and I am almost 1/2 done.  I am continuing to quilt fairly sparsely which is fine for me at the moment.  I suspect I'll quilt more densely as time goes on.  My plan for quilting is to alternate working on one of my own quilts with working on a quilt for the guild.
     The coming week brings a couple of Dwight's aunts to stay at our place as they visit a friend who is not well, followed by a visit by our daughter.  We will see how the quilting goes with this much activity in the house. I do have to make sure the Modern Guild charity quilt is at a point where we can move on with it at our sew in next weekend.
     I'm linking up with the September Mosaic Mystery Linkup.  Will I see you there?
    

6 comments:

Chantal said...

Happy belated birthday, Lisa. May it be a healthy, funny, lovely year.Your sub-units make a lovely pattern there. I'm sure I saw a floor like that somewhere. Looking forward to see your progress with the long arm machine. I'm sure you'll get the hang of it real quick. Enjoy! ;^)

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Happy birthday, Lisa! I pray you have a blessed new year ahead. Your mystery quilt is looking fun. And great that you have a standing date with a midarm.

Pamela said...

Happy Birthday! Your mosaics mystery looks great.

Stitchin At Home said...

Happy Birthday! Your quilting is looking good and how nice that you can do it on a regular basis.

laughing gas quilts said...

Good work on the quilting. I'd say you're going to love FMQing when you get used to it. Those mosaic blocks look terrific just the way they are. It's almost too bad they're not going to stay like that.

Louise said...

Congratulations on partial retirement! You're going to love having more time to sew :)