Tuesday 30 April 2019

A Quilt for Eoin

     I have a quilt finish to share with you.  It's a quilt for Eoin (Owen) who is Rory's younger cousin.  If you forget who Rory is I made him the star quilt you can see here.  Eoin's quilt was a much quicker finish but it packs a colourful punch.



     It's the row additon pattern from Modern Plus Sign Quilts by Paige Alexander and Cheryl Brickey.  I pieced it in a few hours and quilted it in a few more.  I quilted wavy lines with my walking foot with a 50 weight lime green Aurifil thread. I followed the shape of the plus signs a half inch inside the edge of each one.



     This quilt was made entirely from fabrics in my stash, except for the backing fabric.  I had purchased a green fabric for the binding but it didn't work so I went with a blue on aqua polka dot I had on hand.  You have to love a polka dotted binding.




     Row addition is my first finish for the second Quarter FAL this year.  You can see my original list here.  Finishing this quilt was also 1/2 of my April One Monthly Goal.  I'm happy to let you know that I finished the other 1/2 of my goal as well which was to complete and send my sisterhood swap blocks before April 27th.  Here's a photo of all my blocks before I mailed them.


     I know at least one of these has made it to it's destination.
Linking with the OMG linkup at Elm Street Quilts and the Favourite Finishes linkup at Meadowmist Designs.





13 comments:

Cheryl said...

Great plus sign quilt, I love your colors! I love that Row Addition is super quick to piece. Thanks for linking up with the Favorite Finishes Monthly linky party!

Karen @runsewfun said...

"Packs a powerful punch" is a perfect description for these colors. Lucky Eoin, he will love his bright and happy quilt.

Pamela said...

This is a wonderful gift quilt. I'm sure Eoin will love it!

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

It's wonderful. Bright and colourful. Congrats on finishing your goals this month.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

What a happy and bright baby quilt for Eoin. Polka dot bindings really do make me smile!

Raewyn said...

Simple but effective quilt for Eoin, Lisa, and I adore the colours you used. I alos think your sisterhood blocks look pretty great - well done on meeting your goal!

Stitchin At Home said...

Love the quilt for Eoin, such happy colours!

Patty said...

Love both of these projects! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

Danice G said...

Row Addition looks beautiful. Every pattern in that book is a favorite. Your swap blocks look great too.

Louise said...

What neat blocks! And Eoin's quilt is super cute. Congrats on a fun, fast finish for the newest cousin!

Susan Smith said...

I enjoyed seeing another Plus design quilt in lovely colours. Thanks for sharing & take care.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Lisa! You said who doesn't love a polka dot print for a binding and I totally agree. LOVE! And even more, I love how you quilted this with your walking foot. I'm all about the wavy lines and they stand out just perfectly on all the fabrics. I honestly would never have thought to choose lime green thread but it really works perfectly. Not too dark, not too light but just perfect. The polka dots in the plus signs looks so cute too. Congrats on wrapping up your April goal. ~smile~ Roseanne

helenjean@midgetgemquilts said...

I just knew when I saw the polka dot binding, I would love this. The little plus blocks are beautifully set off in this