Sunday 5 May 2019

A Goal For May

     Today the Sun is Shining. We haven't seen much of it lately as in the entire Winter and the now Spring.  Oh it's shown it's little head here and there, but not enough for me.  As soon as I finish this post I'm heading out to the garden!
    Last month I set two goals and I managed to finish them both, so I am feeling pleased about that.  I have a few goals I would like to accomplish this month as well, and I will list them all but I have decided to choose only one for the One Monthly Goal.  So my OMG will be making a runner for my co worker Brenda from these fabrics.  I owe her this gift since some time in January.  Remember when the machine stopped working and went into the shop.


     I'm going to make it in an improvisational style figuring it out as I go along.  This is my favourite process so there should be happy sewing for me this month.

     In addition to the runner I am hoping to finish a quilt top with these blocks by April 12th.  Finishing this top is the month's goal at my guild.  This project has been on and off the Finish Along Goals on this blog for a couple of years.  Obviously I am not as comfortable with curves as I would like to be.


     Lastly I would like to finish making the gazillion little plus signs for the Modern Plus Sign Quilt Along.  This quilt along is over, but not for me.  This is the most time consuming part of the quilt and once it's done I should be able to finish the rest quite quickly.


     The last month has brought us lots of extra time with our grandsons.  Oh how I love those boys.  Gabriel is learning to pedal a tricycle and will be joining a soccer league for little ones in a few weeks and Eli is starting to string three words together.  Life is good.  Now off to the garden to see how the weeds are coming along, but first I'm linking up with the OMG link up at Elm Street Quilts.

10 comments:

Chantal said...

I love the fabric in the first picture. Lucky co-worker. Good luck with your goals. Enjoy the sun. We are getting some too. ;^)

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

The fabrics for the table runner look like they will be fun to work with.

Enjoy the sun and time in your garden!!

Louise said...

Gardening, grandsons, and goals: sounds like good stuff is keeping you busy! I love that Charley Harper print and am looking forward to seeing what improv fun you have with it :)

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

The sun was out here too!! Your curved blocks look great. Those little plus blocks took forever to make. Good luck.

Stitchin At Home said...

It was lovely to see and enjoy the sun. I like the fabrics in your curve blocks.

Patty said...

Love your curved blocks! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Lisa! Oh, that time with your little ones is just so precious. Who cares about not meeting a monthly goal when you got to see them?! Those fabrics for a runner for your coworker are so cute. I really love the yellow one with the black plus signs. Also, I think your curved blocks look great - I love your fabric choices on those as well. ~smile~ Roseanne

Preeti said...

Congratulations on meeting your goals, Lisa. I love your fabrics, especially the yellow on top. Whatever you make with it it will sparkle :-)

Sandra Walker said...

I wholeheartedly agree with you on the lack of sunshine; we are growing flippers! The lawns are a wonderful Irish or English green but I need more sun and warmth. I wanted to do Cheryl's QAL but just couldn't, but it's always there right...Love your fabric pull for the runner for Brenda and time with grandsons is always the very best!

Kaja said...

Oh, you remind me that I have some of that Charley Harper print somewhere. I must dig it out.