Saturday 6 April 2019

Goals for April

      I did manage to finish my goal for March well in advance of the deadline but I didn't manage to link it up.  Oh well it's really all about moving projects forward isn't it?  It's time to come up with a goal for April and I have two projects that are well on their way and have deadlines for this month so in a spirit of optimism I'm going to list them both.

Goal one is to get all the sub blocks done for the #sisterhoodswap.   Here's a shot of potential dress fabrics for the sisters, along with the cover of the pattern.



     You may have seen the swap on instagram.  Berene of @happysewlucky came up with this great pattern as a  fundraiser to celebrate International Women's Day. She managed to raise $4,000 Canadian for the charity @beautifulworldcanada   and the funds will be used for the education of two girls in Africa.  One would like to be a teacher and the other would like to have her own sewing business.  You could just buy the pattern or participate in a swap with 7 others.  I decided to do the swap and I have to have it done by April 27th.  I'll meet the goal. As soon as I post this I'm heading to the sewing room.

     My second goal is to finish turning this pile of fabric into a baby quilt.  It's an easy pattern and I'm hoping to get it done by Tuesday.



     Actually I've traded out a couple of the fabrics. The top two are gone.  The top one because I decided against the purple and the second because when I opened it up to iron it I noticed that it had faded in the crease lines.  I was a bit surprised by that as I don't think it was stored in a lot of sunlight, but then I realized I had bought it on sale and that it is an organic cotton.  I'm thinking that the particular dye used for this colour may not be very stable.  Wendy suggested that I use it as a bag lining because it is a beautiful fabric and I can look at it in the bag.

     So those are my two goals and I'm confident I will get them both done this month.  I'm joining the OMG linkup with Patti of Elm Street Quilts.  Hopefully I manage to link up my finishes this month.

12 comments:

Bonnie said...

We are definitely moving projects forward with OMG. I didn't link my finish up either but it was because its a present and I wasn't sure if the recipient reads my blog. I feel your pain on having fade lines on fabric. But the idea of using it as a bag lining makes a lot of sense. Hope you get both of your goals done this month!

Sandra Walker said...

Wow I just love that Happy Sew Lucky pattern, and I've been MIA a fair bit on Instagram, so I didn't see her fundraiser, which is AWESOME. Will be watching to see that baby quilt! Too bad on the dye, but Wendy saved the day, ha!

Louise said...

Looks like you've got two fun projects in your hands! Too bad about the faded fabric. I'm curious to see what other fabrics you traded into the baby quilt.

Pamela said...

Great goals. You have some gorgeous fabrics to choose from.

Marly said...

I hope you meet your goals. The sisterhood looks like an interesting project. I hope you can publish the result of the swap sometime.

Stitchin At Home said...

That's a good idea to use the faded fabric as a bag liner! The sisterhood project looks like fun.

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

Great looking fabrics. Good luck with your goals. I better go set a goal for myself LOL

somethingrosemade14@blogspot.com said...

Good Luck with your projects; looks like you're going to be happily sewing in April.

Patty said...

Those blocks look like a lot of fun! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Two great projects, they are going to be both lovely

Cheryl said...

Great goals, I can't wait to see the projects!

The Cozy Quilter said...

Love the International women’s day pattern. I love making baby quilts! They are a great way to try out new patterns and ideas without committing to a huge quilt and make great gifts.