Wednesday 10 April 2019

2019 FAL the Big List

     Today is the day the link ups open for the 2nd Quarter of the 2019 Finish Along.  Putting my list together was fairly easy as a lot of it is carried over from the first quarter.  I did finish two projects on that list and for now one of them has dropped off.  Here's where we stand at the moment.

1.  Grande Scrappy Tiles:  This is the project that I am currently working on, when it's my turn to work on the  sit down long arm we own.  I think I have about a quarter to a third of it quilted, so it should be done fairly soon.  It depends on how much life interrupts my quilting time. I have to admit that when the choice is between using the machine or babysitting the grand kids, the kids always win.




2.  Clam Shell.  I have yet to make any progress on this one this year....but it's still hanging in on the list and I think it's the quilt that corresponds to the number pulled for this months UFO completion at my guild so I might be finishing the flimsy.


3.  Batik Quilt:  I was  hoping this one got picked as the April UFO for the guild for, as there is not a lot that needs to be done to get the quilt top finished.



4.Row Addition:  I've actually got the quilt top finished for this one. It was the March UFO and a very easy one at that. I've already washed the backing fabric so I'm thinking it will be done soon.



5.  Might as well keep this bag on the list in case I feel inspired to finish it.



6.  And I still owe my co worker a gift made of these fabrics. No worries here that Row Addition quilt above is for one of her grandkids.


All of the above projects were on the first quarter list.  Here are a few others that might push those aside.

7.  I'm participating in the Sister Hood swap and I'll need to finish up the mini quilt for that when my blocks arrive.  I'm about 1/2 finished the blocks I'm sending out.


8.  My modern guild is making donation pillows so I'll be making a pillow.  Here's a possible starting point.



9. I'll add in the Modern Plus Signs Q.A.L. quilt because even though the quilt along is over, I did start the quilt and I'm still working on it.



  I was going to round this list off at an even 10 but when I went to look for the final project to take a photo I couldn't find it!  This probably says a lot about the state of my life and my sewing room.  So that project is off the list.  If I find it, it will be on the third quarter list.  So,there we go...working away on all these projects but still open to creative challenges when they pop up.  What's on your list?  Linking up with the Quarter 2 F.A.L. linkup at HandWrought Quilts.


10 comments:

Louise said...

You've got a lot of irons in the fire! I'm sure you'll finish several of these this quarter :)

Melanie said...

Good luck with your projects and happy sewing! I am voting for No. 1 + 2 :)

Stitchin At Home said...

Good luck with your list.

Mary said...

That Grande Scrappy Tiles quilt top is so striking! You’ve got some wonderful projects listed for this quarter. Take care, Mary.

Sew Much For Free Time said...

I wish I had joined in on the sisterhood swap. I can't wait until those finishes start popping up around the internet. So cute! I just linked up my list. Hope we both get to check off a lot of items! Good luck!

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

Congrats on finishing the two projects. Life does often get in the way. Good luck with the new list.

helenjean@midgetgemquilts said...

good projects on your list Lisa. I missed signing up this time, that doesn't mean I don't have any wip! Enjoy that tine with the grandkids too

Kate said...

A great list, with several projects close to finished. Good luck moving all of them along and fingers crossed you get to move a couple off the list.

Cheryl said...

I remember your Grande Scrappy Tiles :) I can't wait to see it finished.

helenjean@midgetgemquilts said...

you're going well. I missed the sign up this time! Signing up is the first stage