Monday 25 June 2018

A Quick Finish

     If you ever need a quick and striking baby/toddler quilt to make, this is it.



     It's the Celestial Quilt from Cheryl and Paige's Modern Plus Sign Quilts book, made in baby size.  It works up very quickly and finishes at 48 inches square.  My available sewing time this month was limited so this quilt top was the perfect project to work into small bits of time.  You might say that it's a squirrel because when I came across this photo in my blog archive I decided I should use up the fabric.




     Every fabric in this bundle except the one I didn't use is directional.  It didn't really matter how I put the stripes and the ribbons but I definitely wanted the birds all upright and I was hoping to get the mushrooms upright as well.  When I was cutting out the fabrics though I didn't think about the fact that the blocks all orient in different directions so in the end I made the mushrooms go in all different directions.



     The background fabric looks orange in the photo but it is a bright coral.  I'm pretty pleased with this finished top, so I'm linking it up to Main Crush Monday which is hosted by Beth at Cooking Up Quilts and I'm going to link it up to the Squirrel party at MMMQuilts.

     And oh yes, we got two days of rain on the weekend so I'm happy!

19 comments:

Lisa J. said...

Here's my comment to make sure I get yours

Pamela said...

Wonderful finish! It is sometimes difficult to figure out how to use directional fabrics. This is great.

piecefulwendy said...

Oh! I love this! I have the book and need to quit finding other projects so I can make one of these!

quiltingbydawn said...

Cute quilt! It is always nice to have a quilt that goes together quickly for those busy times with great results!

Stitchin At Home said...

It came together beautifully!

Kay said...

I love a quick quilt. This book is on my wish list at Amazon. x

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

Well done. It is a quick finish pattern. Have fun quilting.

Preeti said...

Beautiful coral indeed. Love that there is a parent and baby plus in every quadrant :-)
It will make a lovely, happy quilt.

Puppilalla said...

That looks like a cute little finish. =)

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

It came together beautifully, Lisa! It's great to have a go-to pattern like this one to use when you need a quick baby quilt.

Tish Stemple said...

This is beautiful! I really love the pop of that coral background.

Louise said...

It turned out great, Lisa! As Preeti said, a baby plus and a parent plus in each block :) How do you think you'll quilt it? So many options with all that negative space.

Lisa J. said...

this is a test for comment receipt

Nicole said...

Looks like a fun one! Good for you trying (and accepting) the directional fabrics. Have a great long weekend.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is so fun - a great way to show off pretty fabrics! I've been interested in that book and really should get it!

Ioleen said...

Very nice finish. Pretty combos of fabric.

Kaja said...

That really was quick! Coral is a lovely colour for a baby quilt.

The Cozy Quilter said...

Great baby quilt...quick and simple.

Sandra Walker said...

We didn't get a drop down here while I was up by you, but we just got a decent shower about a half hour ago, still need more... Anyhow this is terrific Lisa! I want to make every quilt in that book, and I never knew I liked plus quilts until this past year, lol.