After catching up with the Meadow Mystery I figured I better keep the flow going and I finished up December's instructions on the weekend.
How's this for an artsy photo. You'll have to bear with me here. My camera which has been acting up for a while has finally died and I'm having to work on my photography skills with an ipad.
When we get to this point in the making it's fun to start playing around with things to see how things might develop with the quilt. So here are a couple of layouts on my design wall.
Yes I did notice that the block in the top right hand corner has a mistake in it and I did fix it.
When I completed Novembers blocks I was despairing a bit about all the pink and purple together but I can see now that the pink is really needed to give the other colours some punch and I'm hoping it will get woven throughout the quilt.
I also managed to sew the backing for Charlotte's quilt and I'm looking forward to pin basting it tonight. I can start the quilting tomorrow morning before I go to work. Woo Hoo!
I'll be linking this post to Let's Bee Social hosted by Lorna at Sew Fresh Quilts.