Tuesday 31 May 2016

Circle of Friends

     On Saturday Dwight and I travelled to Toronto purely for pleasure this time. ( It was my third trip in this week.)  We joined several of our friends for a pot luck in Gillian and Gordon's lovely shaded garden.  We have been meeting pretty much once a month with this group of friends for over thirty years and one thing we do at each get together is sing.  One song we sang on the weekend was the Beatles classic "I Get By With a Little Help From My Friends".

     So friends I share with you the lovely bounty that has arrived in my mail box this last couple of weeks.

  
     These are my "Circle of Friends" blocks that I have received from my fellow hive 8 mates from Stash Bee.  They look like someone spilled a bag of jujubes on the back patio, don't they.  It's so much fun having these packages arrive in the mail box, and I haven't even received them all yet...so the fun continues.  Some of the packages come with extra goodies as well.  This is something I wasn't expecting as this is my first time participating in an online bee.

     Here are some closeups of some of the focus fabrics:






     









     
     This is going to be such a fun quilt!  If any of my RCQG followers are reading this post...we just might have some fun of our own with this block next Spring.  

     I'll be sharing this post on Wednesday at my friend Lorna's link up Let's Bee Social.
This is week 5 of May is for Makers and I shared my pattern buying love this week with Lorna by buying her patterns Rural Squirrel and Cat Treats which you can see  here  in her  Etsy Shop

17 comments:

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

How lovely! I am excited to see how all the blocks come together; they are going to make a great quilt.

Tish Stemple said...

Lisa, I think they hit it out of the park for you. These are great blocks. I really love the little square with the coy and the one with the two little rabbits. Can't wait to see how your quilt continues to grow toward it's finish.

Sandra Walker said...

Oh I DO love those blocks Lisa! Great description of jujubes. :-) I, too, showed Lorna some love last week. Need to post about that too...

helenjean@midgetgemquilts said...

great blocks lisa. I loved it when I made it last year.

Kate @ Smiles From Kate said...

You have some lovely blocks Lisa. So many different fabrics in those focus squares, it's going to be a beautiful quilt.

Puppilalla said...

I knew the blocks would look fabulous together. I am glad for you =)

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

What wonderful blocks. Can't wait to see them all pieced together. I hope you had a great trip.

Mari said...

These are so cute! All that variety will make a great quilt.

Quilter Kathy said...

Ohhh I have seen this block pattern in blog land and loved it!
I want to make some too! FUN!
It will make a fabulous quilt!

Vicki in MN said...

Do you know what setting you will use for the quilt? I love these fun bright blocks!

Ruth said...

very pretty - love the close ups.

www.hudsonvalleyquilts.com said...

Love these blocks. The white really highlights the smaller squares.

Kate said...

Those are going to make a very fun quilt.

the zen quilter said...

What fun these are. I didn't join the stash bees this year because I have so little time lately to sew anything. But I think I might try next year if there are any openings. Sounds like y'all have a fun tradition going on your monthly get-together.

Christine S said...

This will be an awesome quilt!

Diana @ Red Delicious Life said...

So many colorful blocks! It's going to make such a beautiful quilt. Can't wait to see it all put together.

Md. Josim Uddin said...

Wonderful article. It's very useful. As a chemistry-tuition service provider, I really appreciate your post. Thanks for sharing this with us.
https://singaporetuitionteachers.com/chemistry-tuition/