Sunday 19 October 2014

Slow Sunday Stitching

     It's another beautiful fall day here in Ontario and today I am feeling thankful for all the native Maple trees we have.  Here is a photo out front of my house.  The tree across the road is really brilliant.

          This week in my meditation group our meditation leader spoke about how important it is in this busy time of cell phones and internet to just take time to be still, to meditate , to work in the garden and I would add to that to hand stitch.  I think for many of us our hand stitching time or even our time at our sewing machines is a time for quiet reflection.

     It's interesting how even our time for our hobby can have stress added to it as we work to keep up with sew alongs and block alongs or whatever.  I'm speaking for myself here and maybe for some of you as well.  So today I'll spend some time slow stitching my hexie's with no concern for how slowly they are coming along. 



     I've got the last two rows completed and I have started sewing the rows together.


     I might also spend some time with free motion quilting.  If you would like to see an update it's here.   As usual I'm linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's blog, and later in the week to the Monday Morning Star Count at Life Under Quilts.

4 comments:

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Those maples almost glow in the fall don't they? I agree about stress even with our quilting. Then I sit and slow stitch and I remember this is why I make quilts.

Chantal said...

I do agree; I meditate a lot at my sewing machine and while hand stitching. So don't stress Lisa and sew on. ;^) I didn't realize your hexies were so big. Love them.

Juliann in WA said...

I agree. I jump into too many groups and then my stitching time is obligation - not good. Your hex blocks are lovely

Quilter Kathy said...

So true! Glad you had some relaxing, stress free slow stitching time!