Tuesday 26 February 2019

Hand Pieced Quilt Along

Dwight and I are still on the road so I am just popping in quickly to post block four of the Hand Pieced Quilt Along.


     
          I took the photo on the bathroom counter at our hotel in Paducah Kentucky. Yes we will be going to the American Quilt Museum tomorrow and to Handcocks of Paducah before we travel to our next  destination which is unknown at this point.

  Getting back to the block.  It's not ironed yet and yes I hand pieced the whole block while travelling in the car.  You might wonder what happened to block three.  It was a bit more fiddly so I jumped to block 4.  There is a small chance that I will finish up block three before the end of the month.  I doubt that I will get block 5 done by the end of the month.  

    I know that many of you would like to know about my experience at Quilt Con and I promise you that I will post about it once we get home.  I'll also try to catch up with reading blog posts.  I was very low energy before going on this trip but I have found that attending Quilt Con has put a new spring in my step. I'm going to link up with the hand pieced quilt along link up.

6 comments:

Nicole said...

Hooray for making it to quiltcon! I had no idea you went but I'm glad to hear it was a good experience. Have fun on the rest of the trip!

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

Safe travels and enjoy yourself.

Stitchin At Home said...

Nice to hear that you have a spring in your step.

Pamela said...

Great fabrics in this block! I used to live in southern Illinois, very close to Padaucah and often went to Hancock's. I visited the quilt museum every year when I went to the Paducah quilt show. That was a long time ago! I look forward to you trip posts.

Patty said...

Lovely! Thanks for linking up with the Hand Pieced QAL!

piecefulwendy said...

Glad QuiltCon was a good experience for you. You've had some fun stops on your journey home too! Love that block, so neat and tidy! Safe travels!