Tuesday 17 July 2018

Sampler Update

     Ah summer in Southern Ontario, it's kind of like being in a steam room.  It's perfect for hanging around doing nothing but not so perfect for getting things done.  I've been doing my fair share of nothing, sitting on a chair in the shade in my backyard contemplating trees and bird song, but I have deadlines so I have been sewing as well.

     Here are the latest two blocks for my Quilters Planner Sampler Quilt.  They are fraternal twins. It's fun to see two different versions of the same block. There are quite a number of fraternal twins in the larger version of the quilt and I have to say that I have had fun figuring out what fabrics to use to try and differentiate the blocks.



     I took this photo last night of all the blocks I've completed so far.  Placement at the moment is random and only the one block has sashing so far, but you get the idea.  There are four blocks left followed by the sashing and the triangles to fill in the space.





     Sampler quilts take a bit more time to put together than quilts with one or two repetitive blocks. The cutting gets done block by block and it's difficult to chain piece.  Some of the blocks have come together quite easily but some have been a bit of a challenge.  I welcome the challenging blocks because they are skill builders.

       The 2018 Quilters Planner quilt is designed by Cheryl Brickey of Meadowmist Designs.  The quilting god's have decided to align my quilting life with Cheryl's as I won two of her patterns in the Mid Year Review link up held by Yvonne of Quilting Jet Girl!  Lucky Me!  Now I just need to retire so I can work my way through all my patterns.  Oh the quilty bucket list just builds and builds.

    And while I am on the topic of the Quilter's Planner I will give a shout out to two Canadian Sources that I know carry the planner.  They would be Mad About Patchwork and Clinton Modern Creative.  Both have pre book specials on right now.  

I'll be linking up with Lorna at Sew Fresh Quilts for Let's Bee Social.

     
     

14 comments:

Yvonne @ Quilting Jetgirl said...

I really like how all your blocks are coming together, Lisa, and it's awesome that there are two Canadian sources carrying the planner.

Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Your blocks are so colorful and fun! What a great quilt-to-be!

marebear said...

Lisa, I always love an on point block. This quilt has a light, airy look about it. LUV!

somethingrosemade14@blogspot.com said...

I love your blocks and yes they are skill builders. I'm doing the Classic Meets Modern Quilt and I consider them skill builders which I definitely am taking the time to focus on the instructions. My head hurts after I finish making my blocks but I consider them a learning experience for this old dog.

Chantal said...

Just love your two new blocks, Lisa. The colors are just perfect. This is going to be a wonderful quilt. I already love it. ;^)

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

Beautiful blocks, I really like how colourful they are and how wonderful they look together. It will be a very lovely quilt, Lisa!

-Soma

Pamela said...

These sampler blocks are stunning!

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

You blocks look amazing. Love the colours. Well done.

Marly said...

I like the colours you've chosen here; they are so restful. These sampler blocks are lovely.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

What a bright quilt to be! I love your blocks

Jayne said...

It's going to be a pretty sampler quilt! There might never be enough time to do all the quilting ideas I want to in my lifetime! But we can hope...

Danice G said...

Oh I love all of your blocks. 'Wish I were that good at not clipping-off points. Yours are perfect.

Preeti said...

Lots of color and excitement in your studio :-) I am sure they will make a lovely quilt.

Nicole said...

Rainbow brights and white are always awesome. This looks great so far!