Monday 9 April 2018

Lots of Sewing Happening Here

     I had another wonderful weekend of sewing.  I have a three day weekend although sometimes one of the days gets eaten up with other things.  I started my sewing on Friday.  My goal for the day was to get as much of Postcards from Sweden done as possible.  Here's where I was on Saturday morning.  About to attach rows 7 and 8 to the quilt top.



     I wasn't going to continue on Saturday but I was on such a roll I just kept on going.  I eventually had to stop because I got a pain in my right hip and butt from pressing down the foot pedal and a sore lower back from cutting ( I know I should have used the table risers).
     
   I switched to plan B.( this was actually plan A for Saturday but I put it on the back burner to keep working on Postcard).  I pieced the backing for Eli's Whale quilt and then ironed the backing and the quilt top and found the batting.  My new plan was to pin baste the quilt top before heading out to meditation at around 10:00am.

    After a good nights sleep I got up early with the cat and started working on the quilt.  I had to iron the batting because it was so creased. I am not a good estimator of how much time it takes to do things.  This is a really small quilt and I'm happy to say that I got all those pins through the layers in about an hour.  It was a wonderful hour.  It was very quiet in the house as Dwight had not gotten up yet and I got into a really nice rhythm with the pinning.



     I had lots of time to spare before leaving for meditation. I was going to work on the computer but Dwight was watching a soccer game on it so I spent some time fooling around with the ipad.  I recently discovered that I can take selfies with the ipad. I pushed the little icon by mistake one day. I know I am such a luddite.  It's hard to get them to look o.k. though.  Has anyone invented a selfie stick for an ipad yet?  Here's the best one.



     Those are rows 9,10 and 11 on the wall behind me.  You mostly get to see this because you can see how happy I am.  I'm not sure if its because I got lots of sewing done, or because the sun has been shining most days, or because I'm getting healthier.  

Linking up with Main Crush Monday at Cooking up Quilts.

17 comments:

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I think any of those reasons are great reasons to be happy, Lisa. What beautiful progress and it sounds like an all around wonderful weekend. :)

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

That Swedish Postcard quilt and the whale quilt make me smile, too!

Kay said...

Your quilts are made with such beautiful colours, they will look fabulous when done. x

Paige said...

I bet the weekend flew by! I'm ready for a weekend of uninterrupted sewing like that, especially on those colorful quilts!

Preeti said...

Lots of color and activity in your studio. But the best part is your smile :-) Love the whales and the Postcard flimsy is delightful too.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Those are all three wonderful reasons to be having great day!! I sure do love that first picture. All the colors in that quilt are beautiful. I've never made a quilt with complete solids....so I'm inspired.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

What great quilts!! The colors on the first one are so happy!!!

lelandavestudios said...

Love the colors in your quilt! It's so cheerful and bright! I love the selfie with the iPad, too! Next you have to learn how to put the timer on and run across the room to get a shot of yourself with the quilts :) I'm off to do a few minutes of meditation to clear my mind before heading into my sewing room. Thanks for the inspiration!

Stitchin At Home said...

All of those reasons are great! Great selfie!! I usually toss the batting to get the wrinkles out.

piecefulwendy said...

Maybe it's all three, but at any rate, Lisa, it's sure good to see you smiling! I'm so glad you had some uninterrupted sewing time! My Postcard is done (the top, I mean). This week is just some catch up in my quilt room.

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

You should be happy with all the sewing you accomplished. Well done!

somethingrosemade14@blogspot.com said...

I'm doing a happy dance too, I finally finished the Postcard top this weekend and hope to quilt it this week. I really love your whale quilt, so sweet. Keep smiling, glad to read that you're feeling better.

Louise said...

Your Postcards flimsy is looking great! And how nice to see your lovely, smiling face :)

Tish Stemple said...

I would be smiling too, you are so close to done! Looks like your 3 day weekend was very productive.

Raewyn said...

What a good weekend you had - very productive! Oh yes, I love those whales even more now! (I'm reading your blog back to front this morning!). I love those quiet times when the house is still asleep - I can potter to my heart's content and get lots done!

Sandra Walker said...

Your smiling face just lit up my own Lisa! A 3-day weekend with a ton of sewing time is balm for the spirit right? As are those PfS colours...just LOVE these quilts so much....and here I sit on the laptop, hoping to get off in short order, on a terribly grey, rain-pouring, WINDY Saturday morning....speaking of am, isn't it wonderful when the house is all quiet like that and the day is all ahead of you?

Jane Holbrook said...

love the colors of your postcards from Sweden. I am so glad you are healthier, I am too thanks to sacrificing the salt.