Saturday 31 March 2018

March Goal Completed!

     Well this morning I was pretty sure that I would be writing a post tomorrow saying I didn't complete my March goal, but here I am at the 11th hour letting you know that I did complete the goal.  I've been tired for weeks trying to fend off this bad cold Dwight has had and then I came down with it myself so I didn't hold out a lot of hope.  But after a boring but restful morning doing sudoku after sudoku I put my pedal to the metal and completed all the blocks.


     I've decided to hold off on putting the sashing on the blocks until I decide where they are going to go in the quilt.  I also might replace the red in the block on the right, but again I think I'll wait until I get all the blocks done and see how I feel about it in the quilt.
     I said that completing this goal would make me happy, and it has.  I'm linking up with the OMG completion link up with Patty at Elm Street Quilts.  Later in the week I'll share the sewing I did with my quilting buddies last weekend.

19 comments:

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Very bold, colorful blocks!!! I'm sure it felt great to put the pedal to the metal! Hope you're all on the mend.

Pamela said...

The colors in these blocks are gorgeous! Well done!

Stitchin At Home said...

I like your blocks! Being sick and bored, putting the peda; to the metal is a great remedy to lift ones spirit.

make.share.give said...

These are beautiful! Perfect Spring colors.

Patty said...

Blocks are beautiful. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

Chantal said...

Congratulations on accomplishing your March OMG. Love your blocks and I like the red. Pretty sure it will play fine with the others but that's just me. ;^)

chrisknits said...

Yay! All beautiful blocks for sure!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I'm glad you were feeling well enough to get the blocks completed! Here's to a healthier April. :)

Marly said...

These are happy blocks! I hope you feel better soon; it's that time of year when colds persist. What we all need now in the Northern Hemisphere is a good dose of sunshine! Roll on spring!

Lynette said...

Yay! Way to go! I was in the same boat as you, thinking I would have my last two finishes (which only lacked binding work) to not be able to report for the quarter. But others motivated me, and I was able to get them finished up. Hopefully April is nicer to you!!

Tu-Na Quilts said...

Beautiful!! The colors are so bright and happy. A finish is a finish even at the 11th hour. I should know, I wait until the 11th hour a lot. Sometimes, my most creative moments happen then. Do you find the same or do you find it more stressful?

piecefulwendy said...

I love the blocks and the beautiful colors (especially the red)! So happy for you that you made your goal too! Yippee! I hope you are soon well past the bad cold!

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

Great colours. The blocks look awesome. Feel better soon.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Yay you!!! Hope you are healed soon - but good for you for getting these done!

Kaja said...

Well done!

helenjean@midgetgemquilts said...

I just can't do soduko. I have tried, and tried, have nearly completed one, but never have. My sons tell me there is a system, but like all good systems it passes me by. I love your blocks though, and hope you keep well. x

Walkers Road Quilts said...

So pretty and courful. This will be a very bold quilt. Love what you have completed so far.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Very cheerful and beautiful blocks. Your points are absolutely perfect! Cudo's hope you get to feeling better soon!

Cheryl said...

I love the colorful blocks!