This was a fun little project to make , an improv washi block. Lee was sad to have missed out on the Rashida Coleman Washi fabric so she had us make her some. I looks great doesn't it.
Abigail of the wonderful blog Cut and Alter nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award. I was really touched by this nomination because I love her blog and I count Abigail among my blogging friends. Thank you Abigail!
Although I was nominated for this award just over a year ago I decided to accept it again because I think it is a great way to highlight some of the other blogs that I have recently discovered and love.
*Thank the person who nominated you, and give a link to his/her blog.
*List the rules.
*Display the image of the award on your post.
*List seven facts about yourself.
*Nominate (up to) 15 bloggers for this award, and notify them to let them know you have nominated them.
So here are 7 facts about me.
1. In conjunction with collecting fabric I also have collected quite a few fair trade African baskets. Here's the latest addition to the collection. It's quite large and I'm using it to store quilt tops waiting to be quilted.
2. I am participating in the Cloud Nine Cirrus Solids block challenge. You don't need the photo as I'm sure you've seen it already.
3. I have recently taken on the job of co chairing the community outreach committee at my local guild. You can read about this program in the tab above This should keep me super busy so you may be seeing more donation quilts on the blog and less of my own projects.
4. I'm going to Quilt Con in 2017. I'm not sure I can really afford this but most of the money is spent already and I'm really excited to be going.
5. Just under 5 months ago I became a grandmother to this lovely little cherub. Dwight took this great photo of Gabriel and me the last time we visited with him and his parents.
6. I'm not great with computers but I recently opened an instagram account "sunlight in winter quilts" with the help of my co worker Erin and the wonderful Helen of Midget Gems Quilts. (thanks Helen). If you have a chance check out her blog. She has a wicked sense of humour.
7. Until I started quilting I hated the colour pink...but now I quite like it.
So now I get to nominate some other bloggers for the award. Some of these quilters have been around for a while and some are brand spanking new. I hope you enjoy visiting their blogs as much as I do.
Carrie of Zen Quilter
Sola of Alice Samuels Quilt Co.
Vanni of My Odds and Ends
Jodie of Persimmon and Pear
Amanda of This Mom Quilts
Lena of Quilt Art by Olena Pugachova
Dave of Dave the Quilt Engineer
There could be many more names on this list...but here's a start. Please go and visit these bloggers and spread the love. While you are there tell them I said hi. Lisa
And to spread the love a little further I'm linking up with Lorna of Sew Fresh Quilts for Lets Bee Social.