Wednesday 10 September 2014

A Little Focus Needed

     I am one of those quilters who works on a whole bunch of projects at once.  For the most part I'm fine with this but sometimes the amount of unfinished work feels overwhelming.  This is the last month for the 3rd quarter finish along and my attention has gone all over the place but not rested much on my goals.  So on the weekend I decided I better focus on at least one of my goals.   I  chose to focus on the Mod Blocks table runner ( Pattern by Lynne Goldsworthy from lilysquilts.blogspot.com  ) and I gave myself the goal of finishing all the blocks and squaring them up.

So this is the amount I had done before this weekend 


 which  became this


which then became this


So all that's left of this project is to quilt it and add the binding.  I think I can get it done. Yay!  I'm linking up to Let's Bee Social at Sew Fresh Qults and at WIP Wednesdays at The Needle and Thread Network.  and because so many people were asking , it's a fat eights pack of Oakshott cottons.

12 comments:

Maryse said...

It look fabulous! Gorgeous colors! Is it made with Oakshotts?

Kris said...

Love it so far and I love the colors.

Laney said...

I like your mod blocks - great colors!

Lisa in Port Hope said...

I love how this is turning out -- beautiful saturated colours and the variations in the blocks make it really interesting

Jessica Hadden said...

Great mod blocks!

Jeanette said...

Very modern blocks-love the colors. I'm starting a pink/orange plus quilt right now, similar shades as yours.

Ruth said...

That's looking really good - love the colours you've chosen!

Mona said...

Great work this weekend!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

So bright and pretty....!

Lorna McMahon said...

Love those solids, Lisa! Your runner is going to be gorgeous! So fresh and modern!

Kathy's A Quilter said...

Wow, this is a long-arm quitlers' dream come true, just dreaming of those lovely open spaces under their needle. Love the bold colours and spontaneous design.

Denise :) said...

I can totally relate . . . I like having several projects going to choose from . . . but sometimes it just gets to the point where I've got to focus and get some 'completes' on the list! I adore the pinks and oranges in your quilt!! :)