The idea of the Lovely Blog Awards is for bloggers to nominate fellow bloggers, mostly newer, that they wish to recognize. The goal is to bring attention to blogs that we think are lovely and enjoy reading. We hope others will enjoy reading these blogs also. When you accept the award you agree to three things:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link to their post.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Nominate 1o other blogs for the award. Note this was how this information came to me but I have since found out that a year ago the 3rd agreement just said nominate other blogs for this award....so I say if 10 seems overwhelming just go with the number you are happy with.
Chantal blogs At the Corner of Scrap and Quilts. Here she shares her quilting successes and sometimes mishaps along with tidbits about her life. Her warm friendly French Canadian personality really shines in her posts which are often filled with humour. Thanks so much for nominating me Chantal. I am honoured to receive this nomination from you.
1. I work full time in a Health Food Store and quilt part time.
Liberated Strip Pieced Quilt
3. When I started to quilt approximately 10 years ago I was really starting from scratch as I was one of those people who really struggled with Home Economics in Junior High. I remember throwing a dress in the back of the closet in frustration. I now know I could call that a "work in progress " rather than thinking of it as a failure. I did finish it eventually so I guess it became a "lovely finish".
4. I'm not crazy about applique but I love English Paper Piecing.
E.P.P. Sewing Kit Source Quiltopaedia
5. I belong to two guilds. One is a traditional guild and one is modern. I like to work in both styles.
Top picture Double Wedding Ring bottom Giant Chevron quilt pattern from Jess at Elven Gardens blog.
6. In the larger traditional guild I volunteer with the committee that co-ordinates the making of comfort quilts for the sexual assault unit at the local hospital. I love doing this and think it is one of the most important things that we do as a guild.
7. Theoretically I love gardening with Native (to my area) trees and plants. I say theoretically because I am always enthused about gardening in the Spring but my enthusiasm wanes in the heat of the Summer. The garden is large and overwhelming, but we chip away at it and it gets better every year.
But now on to the fun part where I nominate 10 lovely blogs. So here they are in no particular order. I love all these blogs and I hope you do too. I hope that you visit them and if you do please say hello from me.
1. Preeti from Sew Preeti Quilts
2. Iris from Crazy Dutch Bird Quilts
3. Catherine from Ditsy Gran Quilts
4. Sandra from Musings of a Menopausal Melon
5. Pamela from hokkaidodudasai
6. V. Hair ofSewing Softly
7. Kaja of Sew Slowly
8. Maryse of Maryse Makes Things
9. Terry of hexy lady
10. Ann of Annie Mac Original