Monday, 29 September 2014

English Paper Piecing.

     Here is a quick update on my progress with my hexagons. I've worked on hexy projects before but never finished them, so I decided to keep this one simple and small.  I decided to make a  EPP travel sewing kit that I found in the book, "Quiltopedia" by Laura Jane Taylor which I took out of my local library.




     The sewing kit is 10" by 13".  As my hexies were a different size than hers I lined them up on the cutting mat to see if I had enough.  I'm pleased to say I do.  Now I get to figure out how I'd like them arranged  (this is definitely not it )and I can start sewing them together.  Linking up to the Monday Morning Star Count at Life Under Quilts

7 comments:

  1. Pretty fabrics! This will be very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's going to be quite nice! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such RICH colours! can't wait to see them come together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your fabrics. I actually like this arrangement, but can't wait to see what you decided on. Thanks for linking up~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to seeing your finished project. Visiting from Monday Morning Star Count.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful colors!! I can't wait to see this week's progress :)

    ReplyDelete