Friday 6 October 2017

OMG for October

     I've decided to pull an older quilt out of the mix for my OMG October goal.   I'll be doing a little of this...




and a little of this...



as I finish the blocks and put together the top of my clam shell quilt.  I love the warm and bright colours of this quilt and I'm looking forward to spending some more time with it.  



I haven't done a lot of curved piecing and it's been a while,  so I'm hoping it's like riding a bicycle. This pattern uses the quick curve ruler and some trimming, so it's a little easier than some drunkard paths. I'm linking up with the OMG linkup at Elm Street Quilts.  I'm hoping it will keep me motivated and on track.  I was supposed to be working on these blocks all this week but that didn't happen.  Tomorrow is always another day.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this! It's going to be so pretty.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I really like the bright and happy colors. I think you'll find it's just like riding a bicycle, Lisa. :)

Raewyn said...

Now that's for me - machine piecing for clamshells! These look great - have fun!

9658 Textiles said...

That's how they go, for me anyway, "a little bit of this and a little bit of that" it looks lovely Lisa.

Laura said...

I've been working with warm bright colours lately as well. Love your project.

Pamela said...

This is gorgeous! The fabrics are stunning.

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

Good luck with your curves. I like your prints.

Louise said...

Love these colors! Is the background light blue, or gray? Now I want to do some curved piecing again...so many quilts, so little time :)

Stitchin At Home said...

Love the bright pretty fabrics, it is going to grow up to be a beauty.

Patty said...

This is going to be a very pretty quilt. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

Cheryl said...

Clam shells, what fun! I really like the prints you are using.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I always thought clamshells were made with applique. This looks wonderful.

Nicole said...

Progress already! You can do it.

Sandra Walker said...

OOH! This is a lovely quilt Lisa! I have a love for pink and orange ever since I made an improv curves quilt for my eldest daughter, so freeing both in freeform cutting and in out-of-my-comfort-zone-but-I-fell-in-love colours!

7thSky said...

Nice Trick and method i will try this Online shopping pakistan clothing

Unknown said...

Baggout Fashion Shopping App helps in discovering us latest fashion products.This is the ultimate fashion discovery and fashion shopping destination. On this app we can find specially curated products from 2000+ brands and 500 +websites which are updated everyday. Online shopping In karachi