Friday 12 May 2017

Free Fall Progress

     The past two weeks have been even busier than normal. I've been to three different guild meetings, one bee day, a workshop with Sherri Lynn Wood in Toronto and a training for my job.  I've also had a cold and allergies so it's been hard to sit down and share my experiences here.   I do however, have some progress to share on the Free Fall quilt along.  None of the progress you are seeing here is mine though.  There is a little bit of Cyndy progress and a lot of Wendy progress added to my blocks in this photo.  The lighter leaves don't show up too well so you will have to use your imaginations.



     One of the 1/2 and 1/2 blocks is missing because a small piece of fabric was with me and not with Wendy. Actually now that I think about it there is some progress by me as I fixed the leaf points that were going in the wrong direction.   We are making our quilt larger than the original so there are a few more blocks to come.  There is a sew day at our local guild on Saturday and we are planning to put the top together there....I know Sandra has yet to post the  instructions but I think we can figure it out.
   
      Things will continue to be busy in the next while as we will be visiting my sister over the Victoria Day weekend.  Fingers crossed she's not flooded.  Two weeks after that our second grandson will be delivered by C section and lucky me I get to babysit his older brother for a couple of days while his Dad is at a work training.  Life is good.  Just no time to sit down.  I'm linking with the Free Fall Link up.

10 comments:

somethingrosemade14@blogspot.com said...

Great group effort on the Freefall quilt; the red leaf background is going to look stunning against the blocks. Have fun sewing the blocks together this weekend, I'm looking forward to seeing the finish.

Stitchin At Home said...

The free fall quilt is coming right along. Have a good sew day.

Kate @ Smiles From Kate said...

You have so much going on, it's a wonder you found time to do a blog post. You did a workshop with Sherri? What a tease? I want details........

Sue said...

I love the colours you're using in this quilt, Lisa. I loathe having a cold, having to blow your nose every 30 seconds doesn't make for much progress in anything. Hope you're better now and can get back into it

Vicki in MN said...

Ooooh this is goona be so pretty! It will be so fun to see everyone's done.

Yvonne @ Quilting Jetgirl said...

Life does sound busy but good and exciting for you right now! How much larger are you making your blocks (I bet you said previously but it has slipped my mind!)?

Preeti said...

Love the sharp contrast of the blocks :-)

Kaja said...

Well, whoever has been doing the work, this looks great. Busy but good is a fine way for life to be. :-)

Sandra Walker said...

Yikes! Sorry I missed this post Lisa, but wow! Your quilt top is looking GORGEOUS, and I just love that it is a group quilt and for charity. Can't wait to see it all quilted up. Almost time for that new grandson! Life is full, but methinks it's about to get a wee bit fuller, especially for the couple of days when you get to babysit big brother... :-) Precious times.

helenjean@midgetgemquilts said...

How did I miss this post ? I know your quilt is finished , but I'm catching up here . I love the cokourways here