Sunday, 23 November 2014

Hand Stitching Binding, Not

     Today I was hoping to share with you that I was hand stitching the binding on my large hexagon quilt.  However the quilting is taking me longer than I anticipated so instead I will be working on the sewing machine completing the quilting.


     I'm doing straight line stitching down both sides of the seams at about 3/8 s of an inch.  I may get to the hand stitching of the binding at some point today as I'm about 7/8 s finished  quilting.  I have to cut and sew the binding still.  It's a very wet and grey day here so working on this will be just the perfect activity.    I'm linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts.

     

5 comments:

  1. So close to finishing! You have one more week and you will meet your goal...awesome!
    Enjoy your stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it amazing how much time we put into each quilt! I don't worry about that anymore. I do know that if I had a few stitches each day, eventually they get done! Enjoy your stitching and hope you get to that hand stitching soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always under estimate the time it takes to finish something too unless it's in the kitchen. I never under bake a cake or a pie but a quilt? I never leave myself enough time. I guess because I enjoy sewing so much I don't realize how much time I truly spend in front of the sewing machine. Anyway, enjoy the sewing. Not much else to do in this weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It always takes me longer to do the quilting than I think. Hope you are enjoying some binding time this evening snuggling under that quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything takes so long! Oh wait...that's why it's called slow stitching ! :)

    ReplyDelete