Sunday 9 December 2018

Fireburst Mystery

     Look What I managed to finish!



  It's the quilt top from the Fireburst Mystery Quilt Along hosted by Tish of Tish's Adventures in Wonderland.  Despite being a fairly simple quilt I managed to fall way behind as I tossed it aside for other things that caught my fancy.  Perhaps my word for 2019 should be focus.



     You will notice that we have had sun lately, and a light dusting of snow. This is helping to put me in an optimistic mood as I think about plans and goals for 2019.



     I'm enjoying the bright colours against the dark blue and the dark blue against the snow.  Linking with  UFO Busting at Tish's Adventure in Wonderland as well as the  Main Crush Monday link up at Cooking Up Quilts and the Let's Bee Social linkup at Sew Fresh Quilts.

15 comments:

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I like how the bright colors look against the dark background. And while you may have set it aside for some time, you still have it done in time for the big link up!! I hope you are staying warm and cozy in the snow. We even got some early snow here earlier in the week. We need moisture so badly I was a good sport about it. :)

Chantal said...

Wow! That's an awesome quilt. Love your colors. So cool. Enjoy the sun while you can. ;^)

piecefulwendy said...

I love the dark background and the bright colors! The photo with the sun shining through is really cool. What a fun finish!

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

Wow...love the dark background. We, too, have a light dusting.

Quilting Gail said...

Love it!!!

Louise said...

It looks great, Lisa! I chose a dark blue background for my version, too. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas in your neighborhood with the snow :)

Stitchin At Home said...

Love your dark background!

Pamela said...

So pretty!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Lisa! What a great finish. I just love the fabrics you chose. The navy really sets off the other three so nicely, and I've yet to meet a polka dot I didn't like. You're all set for the parade now on January 1st! Happy Monday to you. ~smile~ Roseanne

Sue said...

Wow! beautiful version Lisa! Ha, I definitely need to make focus my word for 2019 too. I need some finishes! I wonder if I should make a mini with that word on it... :-)

Tish Stemple said...

Lisa, I love this!! Those colors just pop against that dark blue background!

Marti said...

That is so pretty! I love the striking design and bold colors.

Nancy J said...

The dark makes the" bursts "stand out so well, and on snow, a perfect photo shoot place. down here too many really hot days and a very dry garden.

Lorna McMahon said...

I found it interesting you pointed out that you have had sun lately and a light dusting of snow - sunlight in winter - as you reflect on your goals for this new year! I will have to jump ahead to those posts now!!!!

Mary said...

Hi Lisa, it looks like Blogger is letting me comment again, so I just wanted to stop by and tell you how much I love this simple, bright quilt. It’s the kind of quilt that enticed me into modern quilting over four years ago. Take care, Mary (Quilting is in my Blood).