Tuesday 1 May 2018

One Monthly Goal for May

     Usually my attention is all over the place but lately I've been focussed on one thing.  I'm participating in the Wish Upon a Star blog hop hosted by Carol of Just Let Me Quilt.  It's happening near the end of May and I want to make sure that I have a finish ready for it.  Here's a sneak peak at my project.  I have loads more finished but this is all I'll share for now.  I have to keep something in reserve.



     May is going to be a very busy month, so we will see how I do.  There is Eli's Birthday to celebrate and the memorial for my Aunt Gloria, and at the end of the month our friend Tessa arrives from England. One of these days I'm going to make her a quilt.  I've had the fabric for it for a very long time.  

     I'll leave you now because I have to get back to working on this project after I link up with Patty of Elm Street Quilts for the OMG link up.


14 comments:

Marly said...

They're lovely stars Lisa. I'm looking forward to the 21st to see what you're aiming for!

chrisknits said...

You have reminded me I want to do a start mini project for May. Now I must be off to get it planned and made! But stars.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

It sounds like a busy month, but also full of good family and friends. I hope that it all goes smoothly and I look forward to seeing more of this project. :)

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Lisa,
Oooh, I am participating in that blog hop too - I love your stars!! If there is anything better than a star pattern, it is when they are made with polka dot fabrics. LOVE!
~smile~ Roseanne

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

Good luck. The star blocks look great. Can't wait to see more.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

I think the fact your friend is arriving at the end of month will be good motivation for sure! HAppy sewing!!!

Pamela Arbour said...

Beautiful blocks. Those are a nice tease for the rest of the quilt.

Patty said...

Looks like fun. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.

Tish Stemple said...

Lisa, you had my attention at red and blue stars :) I'll be cheering you on and can't wait to see your quilt at the end of the month.

Pamela said...

Beautiful stars! Reminds me of the Fourth of July.

Kate @ Smiles From Kate said...

Lovely star blocks Lisa, good luck for your monthly goal. You sound like you will have a busy month, I hope your friend has a lovely visit.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Love the Stars and fabric colors!

Nicole said...

Good luck with all the activities! I hope you can use sewing to relax or calm down between the busy bits.

Cheryl said...

Very nice stars, I am excited to see this quilt come together.