Monday 6 June 2016

Rainbow Rose Quilt Along

     I'm joining Ruth of Charley and Ben's Crafty Corner and the Modern Quilters  in a quilt along.  It's the Rainbow Rose Quilt Along and we'll be making Ruth's rainbow version of the Dutch Quilt block.  There's still time for you to join up if you would like to.  This week we are linking up our rainbow fabric pull.  Here's mine.




     I picked up this background fabric on sale at my LQS for a different project.  I thought it would also look good with this project so I went back to see if there was more I could pick up but as I suspected it was all gone.  So I picked up a similar design in all white.  I also picked up a couple more pinks, blues (not turquoise) and oranges to fill out the colours a bit more.  If you have any tips or comments about my fabric choices please feel free to add your suggestions.

     I'll be making the baby quilt size and enlarging it to a lap by adding more negative space around the Rose Block.
I think this quilt along is going to be a lot of fun so I'm happy to be getting the first set of instructions on Wednesday. I don't think I've made a rainbow quilt before. I'm linking up with the Modern Quilters Ireland, won't you join me?

     I'm also linking up with Let's Bee Social at Lorna's blog Sew Fresh Quilts.

16 comments:

Chantal said...

I think your colours are perfect. It will be a very beautiful quilt. Enjoy the process. ;^)

Pamela said...

Beautiful! What great color choices.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Great fabrics!!!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I am excited that we will be sewing along together, Lisa! I think your pull looks great (I still need to tweak my own a bit), but if you want / can I would suggest the red / orange and blue / purple transition as places you might want to focus. Not necessary, but just what stands out to my eye!

Puppilalla said...

I just checked Ruth's sample 'Dutch Rose' in rainbow colours. It is going to be a gorgeous project. Have fun making it.

the zen quilter said...

I'm going to join up, too. I have a bunch of Blueberry Park fabrics. I need to make my pull today or it will be too late, I know. I think I want to make the bigger one, but we'll see. This is my first quilt along so I'm kind of excited.

Lena Pugacheva said...

I like your fabric choices and I like the fact the background fabric is patterned but still neutral, I think it will work great!

Lorna McMahon said...

Your fabric pull is mouthwatering, Lisa. This is going to be such a fun quilt along!

Kaja said...

Your colours are very pretty. You have more of some than others of course, but as a selection I think they work very well.

Lorinda Davis said...

Nice choices!

Sandra Walker said...

I am going to do this too Lisa! I might not be right up to speed, but I just love Ruth's quilt. Your fabrics are terrific and it will be such a beautiful quilt! I really love the background fabric you got too; what is it?

Lara B. said...

Your rainbow of fabrics is just beautiful Lisa! And the background fabric looks great too!

Cheryl said...

Beautiful rainbow, I love these fabrics together!

JanineMarie said...

I love your fabric pull! The only suggestion I have is maybe a touch more orange between the red and yellow? Although, now that I look at the pattern, the colors are scattered around, so it's probably not necessary. Oh, and if I'm reading you right, you've already bought more. I love the background you first chose with the gray and white. I used that fabric in a quilt for my granddaughter and I remember it was sooo soft! I bet you could find it online if you decide you still want to use it. Rainbow quilts are always so much fun!

Afton Warrick said...

That's a super cool background. Shame somebody else figured that out too!

Diana @ Red Delicious Life said...

Very nice fabric pull. I wish I could join in on this one but summer is when I sew the least because kids are home from school. Might consider doing this one later in the year.